The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel DNS Only

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by dbstephens, Dec 11, 2007.

1. dbstephens

dbstephens Member

Hello,

I am trying to get cPanel DNS only to work on a VPS but I am not having much luck...

My primary VPS uses cPanel/WHM and I would like to setup redundant DNS. I purchased a second VPS through a different company in a different DC to use for the DNS only setup...

I installed the DNS only tool on my VPS and it said that the setup was successful... Upon completion i tried logging into its WHM by going to https://ipaddress:2087 and I get an error in FireFox saying unable to connect... I thought there was an issue with the install, so I tried reinstalling it, that did not work either!

I tried installing the DNS module on a dev box I have at home that is running CentOS and it works fine! I had no problem trying to log into WHM at all...

The VPS I am trying to install the cPanel DNS only tool on has:
    • CentOS 5
    • 10GB HD
    • 128MB RAM
    • OpenVZ

Please Help!

2. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

flush the firewall on the VPS

3. dbstephens

dbstephens Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

I tried your suggestion by running iptables -F at the command prompt to flush my Firewall... I still cannot access the WHM control panel of my DNS only VPS, did I not flush the firewall correctly? Is there possible another issue?

4. dbstephens

dbstephens Member

I guess nobody has any clue as to what could fix this... I have tried asking my webhosts support team and they told me to use cPanel forums because they have no clue... I have since switched my VPS over to Fedora thinking it may have just been a problem with CentOS or something and I still am not having any luck...

Has anybody else had this problem? if so, what did you do to fix it?

5. c0mr4de

c0mr4de Member

Try turning your firewall off, if it works then it's your firewall (If you have APF built in you will need to add the WHM Ports as it only defaulty unblocks apache, ssh, ftp lol..

6. dbstephens

dbstephens Member

Thanks for the reply! I tried what you suggested and that did not work either! I just reformatted the VPS with a blank canned install of CentOS 4.5 to try to reinstall it... I noticed the last line before it said Post-Install complete was out of memory... Could it be that the VPS is running out of RAM before the installation is completely finished? If I were to allow disk swapping could this solve it?

I am just trying to get this figured out...