The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel DNS Problems

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by cltracey, Nov 15, 2007.

1. cltracey

cltracey Registered

Hi,

Our previous server - server A - is a Direct Admin server. We have recently set up server B installed with cPanel. We have had the following problems:

1. We moved main account, set up email accounts and little is getting through. I cannot send from this account to my hotmail and vice versa. No error messages.

2. Moved another account from A to B, we specified local namesevers, DNS lookup showed new nameservers, but 80% of the email was still going to the mailbox on the old server, consequently client could not download email onto Outlook Express so after a week of the support company denying anything was wrong we switched his account back to server A and all was fine again.

3. Moved two domains, a .co.uk and .com, one was set to forward to the other on server A. We specified local nameservers on server B and the forward would not stop. Also had problem accessing domain with www. in front of it. This is still doing this from time to time.

4. Moved another account from A to B. They were receiving little email and emails they were sending out were not arriving - no error messages - I set up test account on my outlook - email would send, appear in webmail, disappear then not arrive at destination. Client was emailing me and no emails were getting to me. We moved this to a third server C, also running cPanel and email was fine again.

5. Serious delays with email sent between accounts on the same server - sometimes up to half an hour.

6. We did a reverse DNS lookup, it failed. Again Support Company deny there is a problem.

7. The support desk set up by support company has simply disappeared twice - no reason, they have reinstalled it. It does not work with www. in front of domain.

The support company deny anything is wrong, say DNS records are fine, we need answers.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Tracey

2. sarhosting

sarhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi there

If the www. doesn't work got to DNS Functions >> Perform a DNS Cleanup

You could check spam haus - for IP being listed

How old is the server, 1 day, 1 week?

if youwish to PM me, details, IP's, server stuff, domains, il gladly take a look!

Regards
    Richard

3. cltracey

cltracey Registered

Update

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions - we did a DNS Cleanup as suggested and unticked the default use registry nameserver option as suggested in forums elsewhere - although we were specifying local namerservers for each account it wasn't working and this seems to have helped.

We are going to move some more accounts this week - will come back if any further probs.

Thank you

Tracey