MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

-How can I disable automatic updates in cPanel DNSOnly?, I not want have any problem or error, and the web hosting servers cannot load the webs. I think maybe it's better update each day only one "cPanel DNSOnly" for be safe (and not all Cluster DNS).

-Which command I need use for update manually cPanel DNSOnly?.

-You recommend me any configuration in CSF for work correctly cPanel DNSOnly?. Now I did normal configuration (same that WHM/cPanel).

-Maybe need disable some ports because not will use him?, or do any configuration in file "csf.conf"?.

Thank you very much. Have a nice day!

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I can't recommend a way to NOT allow any cPanel product to not update. You can set the LTS tier /etc/cpupdate.conf to only receive maintenance updates and a new LTS version once a year when it is released.

Reactions: MindServer

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I can't recommend a way to NOT allow any cPanel product to not update. You can set the LTS tier /etc/cpupdate.conf to only receive maintenance updates and a new LTS version once a year when it is released.
Okay, thank you very much.

I have the updates in: RELEASE. I attached a image.

-You recommend me change to STABLE for more tranquility? (because if any update broke all "cPanel DNSOnly" my servers not will open her webs). I will have security features with "STABLE"?
-How often cPanel publish STABLE versions?.

Thank you again.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm recommending the LTS tier which is Long Term Stable. This tier receives security updates, and remains supported for 1 year. Detailed information on the LTS tier can be found here Product Versions and the Release Process | cPanel & WHM Documentation
Hi,

When I install cPanel in a new server, can I select "Stable" or "LTS" for install this version directly?.

Because when I execute default installation commands cPanel always install "Release":

cd /home
curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest
sh latest

Thank you very much.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston

MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You can! The documentation here goes over this Customize Your Installation | cPanel & WHM Documentation ultimately prior to installation you need to create the file /etc/cpupdate.conf and add the following:

Code:
CPANEL=stable
or

Code:
CPANEL=LTS
Thank you very much.

Sorry for reply two times, I'm in more forums and all user do this for her post not die. I did not know that in cPanel forum cannot reply two times.

Have a nice day.