The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel DNSONLY problems

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by jrehmer, May 8, 2007.

1. jrehmer

jrehmer Well-Known Member

I know that these have all been reported, but I'd really like to see some resolution.

Just trying to install it is a pain since the installer hangs when trying to fetch Compress::Zlib but getting around that I now have everything installed but when I try to 'syncronize' records nothing happens and I get the following in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log which makes me believe there is still some problem with the Compress::Zlib module:

root@ns [/usr/local/cpanel/logs]# cat error_log
    Child [27938]: exited with signal 13
    is only avaliable with the XS version at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/dnsadmin line 25.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/dnsadmin line 25.
    is only avaliable with the XS version at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/dnsadmin line 25.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/dnsadmin line 25.

Anybody have any ideas? (I did try upgrading to the beta version, but received similar errors when trying to sync records) I'd really like to get this rolled out to ease DNS management on multiple servers.

Kind Regards,

Jesse

2. AlexV.

AlexV. Well-Known Member

Jesse:

Please open a support ticket, we will gladly look into it.

3. jrehmer

jrehmer Well-Known Member

I'd love to, but I just blew that VPS away. I'll recreate it (which will take a while since I have to work around the Compress::Zlib issue) and then submit a support request.