The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel documentation files???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vannquish, Aug 1, 2006.

1. vannquish

vannquish Member

I have a resellers account and I was just wondering if Im allowed to use the documentation from the main site to instruct my clients how to use the cpanel?

I just thought I better ask before using someone elses info.

Cheers

2. systemtek

systemtek Member

I could not see why not most hosts publish the cpanel manual in there general support area anyway. They would only have to google cpanel to see hundreds of copys of the documentation anyway.

3. Edizon

Edizon Well-Known Member

Yes, I do believe you can. That is what the documentation is for generally for anyways (the user). Much like purchasing a product from a store, you would hope the product comes with some kind of documentation on how to use it. You might be a cpanel expert, however your clients may not have a clue to what it is.

Just remember that this in not a support forum for your customers. You should clearly state that the documentation is a "HOW TO" Guide and CPANEL is not the means of support for thier sites. I know most people do not do this intentionally, but when you fail to state the purpose of the documentation and/or to provide a link to your support area this is what happens. This does not do either party any good.

FYI there is a couple of companies out there that have made good solutions for cpanel documentation. They are a lot more user friendly and some can be branded easily.

One is: http://www.demodemo.com