The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Documentation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoftmegUK, Apr 20, 2003.

1. SoftmegUK

SoftmegUK Well-Known Member

We all know the cPanel documentation is out of date, bit i propose, with the help of some others to design and build our own cPanel documentation for you front end users.
    The documentation will be fully customisable by you and the documentation will be updated on a weekly bases.
    The documentation will be much more vast than the original documentation of cPanel and will explain a lot more.
    Because of the huge amount of work it would require to build and maintain this documentation I propose the following prices for a license:

Monthly Prices

1 Server: $5 a month
    2 Servers: $9 a month
    3 Servers: $13 a month
    4 Servers: $18 a month
    Additional Servers: $3 a month

Yearly Prices

1 Server: $50 a year
    2 Servers: $90 a year
    3 Servers: $130 a year
    4 Servers: $180 a year
    Additional Servers: $30 a year

For people with a lot of servers prices are nogotiable. Prices include unlimited free updates.

Note: If you entend to only to use it in once location but have multiple servers, you can still apply to get the 1 server license, you only need more licenses per copy you wish to run.

Let me know in this post or by emailing me at eddy@softmeg.com to register you interest.

Thanks

Eddy

#1 SoftmegUK, Apr 20, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2003
  2. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

If the documentation were kept up-to-date, I would pay $50 per year to put it on our company web site. Documentation for end=users is definitely lacking in Cpanel, currently. Of course, I would expect the documentation to be professionally done, easy to navigate, attractively designed.... etc.

3. xsenses

xsenses Well-Known Member

I would be interested, but not really in the end user cPanel stuff that is really straight forward in my opinion. I would like access to more administrative stuff like things hostname change / nameserver changes, scripts, security etc.

4. NeutralGold

NeutralGold Well-Known Member

Well, I think it should be kept up to date by the guys at CPanel and included with my license I purchased from them not having to seek an outside "better" documentation.

5. portman

portman Well-Known Member

Ditto what Gold said!

6. SoftmegUK

I personally do agree that the manual should be kept more up to date by cPanel themselves, but then again if you buy a car you don't get a manual on how to do stuff to the engine... we hope to grow and cover many of the extras.

7. SoftmegUK

Would people be intrested in the documentation being skinable meaning you could intergrate it with your site?

Let me know your opinions on this!

8. SoftmegUK

9. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

That's an incorrect analogy

If you buy a car you get an up to date comprehensive manual describing all the features of the car, they even include tips on maintenance, safety and so forth.

The CPanel "engine" is the source code. I'm not asking for a documentation on how to tune the CPanel source code.

I'm sure Nick (bdraco) is reading these forums, and if he really wants to bring CPanel to a higher level, he will do something useful with the constructive criticism in the various threads.

It would be just ridiculous if the customers have to create the documentation for a product they have to buy a license for!

More important than documentation though is focusing more on stability and testing of features and software updates BEFORE releasing them.

Also it wouldn't hurt to have a default CPanel skin which is always up to date and looks at least a bit professional.

Don't get me wrong, in my opinion CPanel is the best control panel on the market now, but to bring it to a higher level things need to improve.