The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel doesnt create accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Levente, May 5, 2010.

1. Levente

Levente Registered

Hello,

I would like to ask you a question because you more are experienced than me. Today, cPanel/WHM has stopped creating new accounts on my VPS for some unknown reason. It creates their main directory (/home/user), but not any directories under it (eg: public_html, mail etc.). What can cause this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Levente

2. chinmay

chinmay Well-Known Member

Hi Levente,

There might be many reasons for cPanel to not create the accounts. Could you paste the error you receive while creating the account ?

3. Levente

Levente Registered

cPanel itself doesn't give me an error message while creating an account. It says it has been successfully created. However, if I try to log in to the newly created account in cPanel, I got this error:

and when I click it

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Levente

4. Levente

Levente Registered

I get these messages when I create an account:

5. chinmay

chinmay Well-Known Member

Hi,

As per the the logs there seems an issue with missing perl modules. Tye executing /scripts/upcp --force once.

6. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

I dont see any errors showing missing perl modules. Running /scripts/upcp may fix the error but i doubt it. When you create the account the /home/user directory gets created but nothing is put into it? Or does not even the /home/user directory get created?

whats the free space on /home look like, is home mounted read-only, what happens if you go into /home/user and do mkdir test?

7. Levente

Levente Registered

Thanks for your reply. It creates the users folder (/home/username), but puts nothing into it. I'm sure there is enough free space on /home as I can upload files to other accounts. I can create a public_html folder in the newly created account's folder, and then the website itself works, while cPanel still doesn't.