CENTOS 7.9
cPanel & WHM Version

eggybot21

Registered
Jan 25, 2020
Manila
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, I would like to know how can I resolve this issue. I'm using EXIM with Sendgrid setup. Then we have one of our site that has the same domain name but different suffix ender (sample domain.com and domain.com.au), so in one of my site I setup the Email Domain forwarder from @domain.com to @domain.com.au but the problem when user send an email to @domain.com it gets this error and failed to forward to @domain.com.au
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 550 The from address does not match a verified Sender Identity. Mail cannot be sent until this error is resolved. Visit Sender Identity to see the Sender Identity requirements
Here's the solutions I tried but didn't work
  • Disabled EXIM Config > Sender Verification (didn't work)
  • I tried to follow the link mention in the error with one sender (didn't work)
  • I also added sender authentication by Domain it work on my own domain but when sending with different domain like yahoo or gmail (and other domains) it didn't work.
If someone experience and already resolved this issue please share your solution.

Thank you so much,

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! If I'm understanding this correctly, everything works *except* when you try and send a message from domain A to domain B - is that right? If so, is the mail being routed to the cPanel server for both of those domains as well?

eggybot21

Registered
Jan 25, 2020
Manila
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! If I'm understanding this correctly, everything works *except* when you try and send a message from domain A to domain B - is that right? If so, is the mail being routed to the cPanel server for both of those domains as well?
Yup as you can see here (domain is not the actual name)
1614872284007.png
so any email we sent for example for [email protected] should be forwarded to [email protected] right now all incoming email from @domain.com didn't successfully deliver to @domain.com.au (all bounce back) , Sendgrid block the process but if I send it with my verified domain (Autheticated domais) under Sendgird it allows the email to be forwarded. The problem is I don't have time one by one to add Sennd verification on Sendgrid because we don't have any control who will contact us and send email. So I want to know how to disable this verification under Cpanel.

Thanks,

Last edited:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the additional details. It's important to note that the error you're seeing is directly from SendGrid and not from your mail server, so I don't think you'll be able to change anything on the server-side to get that working. If you disable SendGrid, I bet it starts working, although depending on your host you may not be able to send emails to test that function.

Could you contact SendGrid to see what they have to say on this?

goSuhdo

Sep 28, 2020
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all,

I have a similar problem, im using IBM cloud and i was requested to change my sendgrid authentication method inside EXIM to an API login method.
Well done, but it looks instable, like sometimes it deliveries normally for any email host and sometimes i receive this message: retry time not reached for any host for '******.com.br'

Can you imagine what is going wrong?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@goSuhdo - is the "retry time not reached" error coming from your server or from Sendgrid? If it is from the Exim side of things you can clear that database with these commands:

Code:
/usr/sbin/exim_tidydb -t 0d /var/spool/exim retry > /dev/null
/usr/sbin/exim_tidydb -t 0d /var/spool/exim reject > /dev/null
/usr/sbin/exim_tidydb -t 0d /var/spool/exim wait-remote_smtp > /dev/null
If it's from the Sendgrid side, you'd need to speak with them to see what is happening.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm glad that worked for you!

Exim stores a database of connection failures so it doesn't have to retry each time. While that may not matter on many machines, if you have a busy server it can save a substantial amount of resources. Once you clear that database it forces Exim to retry again.

The initial error can happen for many reasons outside of your control, such as a DNS or temporary network problem on the recipient end, so it doesn't necessarily indicate a problem with your machine at all.