The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel dropping begining of directory path

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by madscientist, Feb 18, 2009.

1. madscientist

madscientist Member

While working in cPanel I noticed that in the File Manager or Installatron (or any thing that pulls the path) the full path is wrong. The path should be /home/slipshft/public_html, but the path shows as shft/public_html. It happens on all of the accounts on our server.

cPanel 11.24.4-R33609 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9
    FREEBSD 7.1 i386 on standard

Has anyone else had this issue? I searched the forum but did not find anything that seemed to be similar.

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Isn't that text prefaced by a picture of a house to symbolize /home? I've seen this on a lot of our servers but I don't think it's a bug or problem..the /home part is implied. I mean, is this actually causing a problem somewhere in the functionality of cpanel?

3. madscientist

madscientist Member

I submitted a ticket to cPanel, any they have recreated this error on a FreeBSD 7 install, however it does not happen on every install (they tested it multiple times). They are looking into what is wrong and how to fix it. They advised that it might take some time, but a fix will be issued.

So, I am not that crazy after all. That's a relief.

4. madscientist

madscientist Member

I understand what you are saying, however this manifests itself in how the file manager sees the path. So, if you want to move a file from one directory to another; the file manager should see the path as /home/username/public_html, but it sees the path as name/public_html (it truncates the first 10 characters of the path). When you move the file it creates a new directory structure under /home/username/public_html so that the file is moved to: /home/username/public_html/name/public_html.

cPanel has identified this as something that needs to be fixed. Hope this clears up the issue.