The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel Educational License - Trial Warning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BMR777, May 26, 2010.

1. BMR777

BMR777 Member

Nov 26, 2008

I am a student at a university and we have been given a CPanel educational license by CPanel so we can use the software for some classwork. I have been put in charge of setting up this server.

When I log in to WHM I get a giant TRIAL LICENSE warning in the top left corner. I have run the following via SSH to update my license:

CPanel seems to say that the license is valid, yet the trial warning still appears. Verifying the license on the CPanel license verification page shows it is an educational license.

I would like to know, is the trial license warning a restriction of the free educational license or is my install of CPanel not properly fetching the license details?

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Houston, TX
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    First, make sure that our license server is "seeing" the correct IP address. Run the following command at the shell command prompt:

# curl
    The output will be an IP address. Copy that IP address and paste it into the box on License Verification - cPanel Inc., and click "Verify." If the output shows that the IP address has a trial license, please contact customer service at for further assistance.

If our license server is seeing the correct IP address, and the verification page I mentioned above does not say the IP address has a trial license, please submit a ticket so that we may investigate the problem directly. You can submit a ticket at