Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

CPanel Educational License - Trial Warning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BMR777, May 26, 2010.

1. BMR777

BMR777 Member

Hello,

I am a student at a university and we have been given a CPanel educational license by CPanel so we can use the software for some classwork. I have been put in charge of setting up this server.

When I log in to WHM I get a giant TRIAL LICENSE warning in the top left corner. I have run the following via SSH to update my license:

CPanel seems to say that the license is valid, yet the trial warning still appears. Verifying the license on the CPanel license verification page shows it is an educational license.

I would like to know, is the trial license warning a restriction of the free educational license or is my install of CPanel not properly fetching the license details?

Thanks!

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    First, make sure that our license server is "seeing" the correct IP address. Run the following command at the shell command prompt:

Code:
    # curl http://www1.cpanel.net/apps/myip/
    The output will be an IP address. Copy that IP address and paste it into the box on License Verification - cPanel Inc., and click "Verify." If the output shows that the IP address has a trial license, please contact customer service at cs@cpanel.net for further assistance.

If our license server is seeing the correct IP address, and the verification page I mentioned above does not say the IP address has a trial license, please submit a ticket so that we may investigate the problem directly. You can submit a ticket at https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...