Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cpanel elist/mailman - repeat login request, but why?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by jols, Oct 22, 2007.

1. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Anyone heard of this one before? Any idea of how we could fix this one for our customer?

---------

When I go to the administration of a mailing list, it asks me for the list password and I have to click "let me in..." It then shows me a screen that allows me to modify the settings. I put in my changes and click "submit your changes." It then asks me for the password again for some ridiculous reason. So I enter the password again. All my changes are wiped out and I have to start over. This is annoying and unacceptable. How soon can you fix this?

---------

2. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Nevermind. I answered my own question. We needed to switch on cookie capability for admin logins for MailMan. In case you are interested, this is done via the MailMan config file here ---> /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py

3. jols

jols Well-Known Member

UPDATE - Now it's back to requesting double log-ins even though cookie capability is switched on.

Anyone?