The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel email encryption [moved]

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by neo4242002, Jan 8, 2006.

1. neo4242002

neo4242002 Well-Known Member

Cpanel email encryption

Hi, I have created two PGP keys from cpanel and now what do I do?... I want to encrypt my email when sending to friend... he has an email account from same domain. i am using outlooks 2003 and Mac Mail.. What should be my next step guys? :confused: :confused:

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with your cPanel account. You need to encrypt the email in your email client using your recipients public key and they can then decrypt it in their email client using their private key. You'll both need a PGP/OpenPGP encryption module either within your email client or separate on your PC.

3. neo4242002

neo4242002 Well-Known Member

Thanks chirpy.. I need little more favour... could you tell me some commercials/ free PGP mail module that I can integrated to outlook 2003/ thunderbird or Mac mail...

I tried goggles and found few.. But most of them very complicated and useless.

One call Crypto Anywhere was very good. But only problem is that it change my "subject" line (difficult to sort message and identify) and I can not import my own Keys from cpanel..

In fact, I am going to encrypt my web site mails using guPGP and then need to decrypt locally for either of above client

Can you tell me your preferences? Please give me a clue

4. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Another easy way is for both of you to get either a free or low cost digital e-mail signing certificate

You can get these from most of the secure certificate providers and it will allow encrypting and digital signing of e-mail

You install the cert in your mail client.

5. rs-freddo

rs-freddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Use Thunderbird with the enigmail extension.