The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Error section not showing 404

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PeaceYo, Jul 29, 2015.

1. PeaceYo

PeaceYo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Everyone,

After moving from VPS to Server, I keep on seeing problems. Well, one by one I am sorting it out (think so). Now the problem seems to be in cPanel Error section page.

/stats/errlog.html < this page shows last 300 errors. It did the same in VPS too but in Dedi it only shows server errors, not the 404 and others.

In VPS (in my site) there was/is too many 404 errors for html and images not found, here its clean, nothing going wrong!

I checked on site, typing wrong urls to get 404 page, got too many from my pc and proxy sites. This 404 never mentioned/appears in Error stats!

Is there anything to change in WHM to fix this? I am using cPanel server, does this version show different things? :/

I moved the site as it is from VPS to Server (transfer tool), still did not changed/uploaded anything new to the site.

Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you confirm that you are using Apache version 2.4 on this system? If so, please post the output from:

Code:
    grep -i LogLevel /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
    It's likely you will need to change the LogLevel to 'info' instead of 'warn' in the httpd.conf file and then run /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller if you want the changes preserved.

Thank you.

3. PeaceYo

PeaceYo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    the output is :

Code:
    LogLevel warn
    Apache version :

Code:
    Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix)
    Server built:  Jul 26 2015 21:56:15
    Cpanel::Easy::Apache v3.30.3 rev9999
    I changed LogLevel warn to LogLevel info in httpd.conf

and /usr/local/cpanel/bin/apache_conf_distiller --update in SSH

Code:
    info [apache_conf_distiller] Missing owner for domain server.mydomain.net, force lookup to root
    warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain "MY IP" ownership. Attempting lookup on domain xx.xxx.xx (manually added domain).
    warn [apache_conf_distiller] Unable to determine domain "MY IP" ownership. Setting user to 'nobody'.
    Distilled successfully
    what it mean by 'domain xx.xxx.xx (manually added domain)' ?? that's my IP in half. it should be xxx.xx.xxx.xx

:/

***EDIT***
    After the above fix, now I am getting [core:info] errors! LOTS OF THEM!! OMG!

whats this AH00128, AH01276 mean ? another naming for 404 and such ?

#3 PeaceYo, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can ignore this message. It looks like there's simply some entries for a previous hostname in the files within the /var/cpanel/userdata/nobody directory.

Yes, these are "File Does Not Exist" error codes for Apache.

Thank you.