The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pennywise54, Mar 1, 2011.

1. pennywise54

pennywise54 Registered

Hello everyone I hope I'am posting this in the right section. I recently had my sites moved to a new host this was over a week ago. I have't been able to log into cpanel to fix the mess this person made. this is the error I get:

The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/rvskin/index.html) you requested.
    Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this
    error to your web hosting provider.

I have contacted him several times and have gotten no replies about this. my question is: Is there any other way I can get into my cpanel so that I can fix this mess or move my sites. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It appears that the theme is using RVSkin for your cPanel. Do you only have cPanel access not WHM or root SSH? If you aren't the server administrator, then you will need to get ahold of the hosting provider to ask about the error, since the theme issue would not be fixable without root SSH or WHM access.

3. pennywise54

pennywise54 Registered

Hi Tristan thank you for the fast reply. yes I have WHM and did try though there and when I clicked on home I get the same error. I guess i'll just keep trying to get in touch with the host,its just frustrating putting your trust in a company that can't seem to put their customers first. Thank you again for answering.

4. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello pennywise54,

Do you have WHM > Account Functions > Modify an Account area in your WHM? If so, are you able to change the cPanel theme on the account? If so, you can try changing to x3 theme instead and see if you are then able to log into the cPanel for that account.

Thanks.

5. pennywise54

pennywise54 Registered

Hi Tristan..cpanel is all up to date i installed my sites and all is well except for 1 thing lol. when I send out mail with my site emailer I get this....done! the emailer has sent out 0 mails. Any ideas? I asked my host but they take a couple days to answer. thanks for any help and also for your last help on the cpanel error.

6. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How did you fix the last issue if you don't mind noting? Were you able to do it by changing the theme as I suggested or some other way?

For the mailer, is it a PHP mailer or some other kind of mailer? Do you have any error logs for PHP where the script resides to check?