The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel + Exchange 2010

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Nube Ninja, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Nube Ninja

Nube Ninja Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I have a customer who really needs Microsoft Exchange but, on the other hand, he has a lot of problems with his current provider. He uses Exchange 2010 SMTP Connector with an external provider.

He tested my server and for email is pretty good so, he want us to provide him the same service as his current provider that, if I'm understanding well, only gives them his credentials for outgoing-incoming email.

I have a cPanel/CloudLinux configuration, is this possible?

I've read a lot on the internet but, every single answer suggests the "best" solution is to changing the MX records.

This is not possible because, as I've said, my customer is using only the SMTP connector and other provider is giving him the credentials for email.

I've researched this far now:

Possible? (Exchange smart host/relay with spam filter)
    Configuration Exim / cPanel to Use a Smarthost, Domains, SMTP Server, C panel
    Routing email to external server using EXIM smarthost config.
    Configure Exim to use a Smart Host on CentOS [Wiki] | NDCHost
    To Configure Exchange 2007/2010 to Use a Smarthost, Microsoft Exchange, Domains

Cpanel Exim as smart host.

But don't know if I'm even close to solve this as Exchange is pretty new for me.

Hope you can help me.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

cPanel currently supports Exim and Dovecot only. However, you could configure a smart host to route outgoing emails through that remote mail server. You may find this thread helpful if you are attempting to configure a smart host for a single domain name:

Forward certain domain emails to Smart Host

Thank you.