The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel, exim, courier

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mdalan, Jan 8, 2007.

1. mdalan

mdalan Registered

Hi,

I have 2 questions about mail configuration:

1) when I add a new mail account from cPanel, is there any file on the server that I can check to make sure the addition went through?

I have a VPS server and I'm not sure if cPanel works right (due to my own changes). Seeing a file that contains the newly-created account would help.

I can't test e-mail directly, because I haven't transferred the domain name yet (so the VPS really only has an IP address).

I've tried to grep the new account name in /etc, /usr/share, /usr/lib to no avail -- which worries me.

2) more generally, is there a document that describes how cPanel, exim and courier cooperate?

Thanks!
    Dan

2. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

Assuming you have created an email account for "EMAILUSER@DOMAIN.COM" where the hosting account user is "HOSTINGUSER":

A directory called "EMAILUSER" is created and located at: /home/HOSTINGUSER/mail/DOMAIN.COM/EMAILUSER

Not really - forums tend to be the best place if you use the "search" facility. Links to other useful sites/tutorials can also be found in these forums. Other than that, check the standard cPanel documentation: http://www.cpanel.net/support/docs/index.htm
    :)