The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Failed 7th time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chatline, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Chatline

Chatline Active Member

After installing Cpanel 7 times on different distros it has failed all the times. It says it has been installed and then when it finishes I reboot and can't get any further capnel admin don't work "This page can not be displayed"

#1 Chatline, Jul 22, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  2. Chatline

Chatline Active Member

3. Chatline

Chatline Active Member

hello anyone there?

4. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you'd like some help here, then I'm afraid you'll need to ask more specific questions. As far as your install goes, they're generally rather simple if you're using one of our supported OSes. If you haven't settled on an OS, then CentOS is usually a safe choice. I would also consider FreeBSD 5.4. The instructions provided on cpanel.net are simple and to the point. But before you install cPanel, like any software, you'll want to make sure that what you do have installed prior to cPanel is installed and working correctly. Our software makes a strong attempt to resolve the most common issues, but you'll be better off setting everything up right the first time. For example, make sure you've partitioned your drives appropriately, that your network is properly configured and your hostname set and resolving. I generally think that it's a good idea to set up Bind and have it working properly before installing cPanel. Make sure that confilcting software is removed (apache, other mta's, and such).

Beyond that, cPanel offers free installation support, so if you'd like submit a support ticket and one of our techs will be happy to assist you.