The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel - Fantastico WordPress Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rhm94611, Apr 12, 2008.

1. rhm94611

rhm94611 Registered

Hello,

I am hoping that someone in charge at cpanel reads this forum. Is it possible for cpanel/fantastico to rollback the version of WordPress it is installing?

I don't know if you have been reading the forums over at wordpress.org, but the new version is NOT working for anyone. It is filled with all sorts of technical difficulties. I use it for client work on 5 different hosting companies and it isn't working on any combination of technology. There has been approximately 230K downloads and installations of it, and there are over 1M forum posts because of all the problems people are having with this iteration of Wordpress. It would be a HUGE service to people if the cpanel/fantastico installation could be rolled back to the previous version.

The new version does not actually fix any serious security issues, and so there is no reason to adopt it until it works properly "out of the box."

I use it on hosting by Lypha.com, Globat.com, Siteground.com, hostgator, and bluehost.com and it doesn't work with any of their hardware configurations.

Thanks!

2. rhm94611

rhm94611 Registered

Fantastico WordPress Installation

Hello,

I am hoping that someone in charge at cpanel reads this forum. Is it possible for cpanel/fantastico to rollback the version of WordPress it is installing?

I don't know if you have been reading the forums over at wordpress.org, but the new version is NOT working for anyone. It is filled with all sorts of technical difficulties. I use it for client work on 5 different hosting companies and it isn't working on any combination of technology. There has been approximately 230K downloads and installations of it, and there are over 1M forum posts because of all the problems people are having with this iteration of Wordpress. It would be a HUGE service to people if the cpanel/fantastico installation could be rolled back to the previous version.

The new version does not actually fix any serious security issues, and so there is no reason to adopt it until it works properly "out of the box."

I use it on hosting by Lypha.com, Globat.com, Siteground.com, hostgator, and bluehost.com and it doesn't work with any of their hardware configurations.

Thanks!

3. cpanelinfoseeker

cpanelinfoseeker Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    While Wordpress may have a few issues, there are currently a few users on my server using versions 2.2.2, 2.3.3, and 2.5. Could you be a bit more clear as to which version you are referring to, and what the actual problem is?

I looking at wordpress.org site, the forum is nicely divided into 7 categories, but the TOTAL in all the categories is only 704624 posts. I am unable to find these 1M posts about "the new version is NOT working for anyone". There are (at this time) 349,665 downloads of wordpress2.5 from their site.

Perhaps with a few real details someone can help you better, but my fact is I have 3 different versions running on my clients sites and they ARE all running.

If you are having as many problems with wordpress as you say, you might want to download and install a previous version which are all available on their site under the "Release Archive" link.

Please post some factual details or install the earlier version that may suit your needs,
    Ron

4. cpanelinfoseeker

cpanelinfoseeker Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have replied under the similar post you made in the addons section of this forum.

Ron

5. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Fantastico is not a cPanel product. Please direct your enquiry here: http://www.netenberg.com/support.php