The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel File Manager Script Errors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaddie, Jan 9, 2010.

1. kaddie

kaddie Registered

I am having some major issues that are irritating the heck out of me and not being able to perform work that needs to be done is pushing me so far behind. Everytime I login to cPanel and go to the file manager I get popup errors.

I just tried the cpanel file manager in explorer 8 and receive a popup error

Stop running this script?

A script on this page is causing internet explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

and I tried Firefox and receive this popup error,

Unresponsive Script:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx/cPanel_magic_revision_1257623389/yui/data/data.js:24

What is causing these errors? Is it a browser issue, computer issue or cPanel issue?

Help please!

Kaddie

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    For some reason it is taking forever to run. If you are on a shared host have you contacted your host to have them look?

You also could always use FTP to manage your files.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Indeed. The File Manager is certainly handy, but not as simple to use as a good FTP client.

As for the problem, are you using a custom cPanel theme like rvskin for example? What version of cPanel? If you're not the Adminstrator of the server you should contact your host and let them know there is a problem. If you are, you might try forcing a cPanel update from your WHM to see if that helps.

Since it's happening to you on multiple browsers the problem might indeed be on the server. If it is, a forced update might solve it.

4. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Based on what you posted above, I'd say you have a problem with the Javascript execution in your web browser more than likely.

The exact causes can vary greatly but generally amount to something interfering with your browser being able to properly execute local script.

Common causes ...

1. Computer has too many windows open or low on memory

2. Running some security apps such as popup blockers or ad removers
    can interfere with Javascript execution and can cause these issues.

3. Your browser settings and security options selected

4. Some optional plugins and toolbars for your browser could conflict

5. If your computer is infected with spyware, that could do it too.

Now eth00 suggested using FTP and I would second that recommendation as FTP is far better equipped to handle file transfers than the file manager anyway which is really meant more for minor updates such as uploading one file here and there anyway, etc.