The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel filters - what order do they use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by electric, Apr 2, 2005.

1. electric

electric Well-Known Member

If I create multiple filters in the cpanel mail area.. what order are they applied to the incoming emails?

My idea is that I want to:

First: Have any email tagged by spam assassin with a score of 10 or higher "discarded".

Second: Have any email tagged by spam assassin with a score of 6 or higher sent to a "spam@domain.com" mailbox for manual check/delete.

So.. this would obviously require the first filter to work BEFORE the second filter...

Any ideas? I've done some testing, but my results seem to be mixed. (ie: Sometimes one filter is before the other..)

Thanks!

2. kemis

kemis Well-Known Member

Holy cow, this is exactly what I want to do! I was trying to find a solution before starting a new post:

In my case, my current SA threshold is 3.5 with a subject rewrite of "*SPAM* (_HITS_) - subject" (without quotes). It's very easy to filter all spams for an entire domain using a filter that finds either by SA header or "begins with *SPAM*" to a certain e-mail address for review.

What I want to do, though, is automatically discard anything above 10.0 points, but continue filtering all others below ten points to a certain address for review. Adding a regex filter for "\([1-9][0-9]\.[0-9]\)" makes this possible...

...but the filters continue to process & the e-mail gets sent to null & the other e-mail address instead of just stopping at the discard!

There's got to be a way to do this!?

-- Matt :confused: