The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Font.

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Hookem, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Hookem

Hookem Member

Hello All, I was just wondering if anyone knew what font CP is written in. I need it for some little graphics or whatever, for a webhosting site. Thanks.

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

'CP' isn't written in any font (unless you are asking what font the developers are looking at while they do their coding). :p

If you are wondering which font a certain skin displays, it would help if you said which skin you were wondering about (there are a lot of them out there).

3. Hookem

Hookem Member

so they just use the pen tool to make that ever so popular CP? :( (and i suck at the pen tool)

4. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Hookem,

you should read better the answer you have already got. People do not write a program using any particular font. But the visual representation of a program (the "screens") use some fonts.

What you want is probably the font displayed when using a certain skin. You should mention the skin in question as cpanel can be "represented" (displayed) using a big variety of skins which use a big variety of fonts.

kosmo

5. t c

t c Active Member

He is probably referring to the 'CP' as you see in the banner for this forum site to the left of the orange text saying "cPanel".

Damn, do you guys have to be such smart asses with these kinds of questions. Just either post and help him or do not post at all.

Hookem, you may want to contact a moderator here or bdraco and ask for further information. Perhaps one of them could help you more than the 2 people for example that posted before me.

G'day. :)

6. SarcNBit

Ah! That makes sense.

If Hookem would have been more clear, I would have helped him. As it were, I was waiting for him to post back the name of the theme is was wondering about (which now that you mention it he obviously was not wondering about :P ) so I could have given him a better answer. Well crafted questions that show that the asker has at least tried to help themselves tend to get complete and straightforward answers. The rest tend to get some combination of how busy am I today and how deep is that answered buried in the search results. Thats the way it goes.

7. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Both of those guys are very helpful on these forums. The problem is with the wording of the question. If he had simply mentioned the word "logo" all would have been well. I had no idea that's what he was talking about until you mentioned it. I would have been a lot more sarcastic than sarc and kosmo if I had bothered to even attempt an answer. I was floored by sarc's willingness to help with such a seemingly silly question.

8. t c

t c Active Member

To both...

It was easily understandable what the posted was asking. He/She shouldn't have to display an entire intelligent question with as much possible description. The poster said "CP" and "font" which should've rang a bell right then and there.

9. SarcNBit

Obviously it wasn't. I already said that it makes sense now that you pointed it out, so what is your point? This is a cPanel forum, and CP is a common abbreviation for cPanel. Maybe if the word "logo" had found its way into the question it would have been more clear what they were asking.

Besides that, look at the logo and then think about the question. What font is that?! Was Hookem asking about the word cPanel in the logo or the little 3/4 pie graphic? Do you know? Isn't it easily understandable? The question (now that you pointed out what it is relation to) makes me think he is asking about pie graphic. Who would think that you would go looking for a font to reproduce that?

10. TAK

TAK Well-Known Member

I would have to agree that it was easily understandable, but I don't think that such a big deal has to be made over this. I wouldn't mind knowing what fount the cPanel logo is done in either, but for all you know it might not be even available to the general public.

11. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

I believe it was an image that was created, not from a font at all

12. casey

casey Well-Known Member

What, the "CP" logo, or the letters "cPanel" beside it? I still don't know which he was referring to. :p

13. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

This is completely off topic but a few years ago I was bored and made a font based on my own handwriting. I got really obsessive about getting it right. So much so that of you use the auto kern in Photoshop text tool it looks exactly like my handwriting. I even made my signature one of the extended characters! it took a week, but hell, someone else was paying my wages !

14. henryk855

henryk855 Registered

Guys,
    All the fonts used in cpanel can be changed in the .CSS files.