The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel for visually impaired

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by andrew_ge, Feb 7, 2006.

1. andrew_ge

andrew_ge Member

Hi

We have a few clients that host sites on behalf of charities in the UK that benefit the blind/ visually impaired.

As the webmasters themselves use screen narrators, cpanel is incredibly difficult for them to surf with and do things like view their statistics, create imap accounts.etc .etc

A quick google search didnt turn up anything relevant so I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction...

Is there a text-only skin for cpanel about, that we can put onto the server to make their lifes easier?

Thanks in advance.

2. Roy@ENHOST

Roy@ENHOST Well-Known Member

I was wondering how they are going to view stats and analyze their own traffic if they are visually impaired?

I would really like to help though, send me a PM and we'll see if anything can be done for em.

3. andrew_ge

andrew_ge Member

Yeah stats would be a problem, a screen narrator would take ages to read through something like webalizer.

I think its more along the lines of doing things like adding email accounts/ subdomains.etc though.

4. Roy@ENHOST

Roy@ENHOST Well-Known Member

You mean there are actually people who read out webstats to the visually impaired?
    Imagine a bad day when you get a truckload of referer spams. Its going to take ages to go through the list.
    Hats off to em. I wouldnt have the patience to do that.
    :cool: