Bert de Jong

Jan 23, 2018
Netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
(As far as I can tell, the cPanel Forums have no board to discuss the cPanel Forums itself, therefore I'm posting on the General Discussion board.)

Just now I was writing up a reply for this thread, where a discussion took place from August-November 2016. I was aware that the thread is old, but I felt I had potentially useful information to add for visitors who, like me, ended up in the thread after googling 'autossl htaccess'.

The thread includes a warning that...
Code:
This thread is more than 1 year old.
It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose. Please feel free to start a new thread on this topic if needed.
...but it is not preventing forum users from writing up a reply.

I put effort and time into writing up a reply. Then when I pressed "Reply to Thread", the forum told me:
Code:
The following error occurred:
This thread is too old to reply to.
If that's the case, then the forum should not have allowed me to use the textarea to write up and preview a reply.

All in all, this was a tremendous amount of energy and time wasted, just because I wanted to help others. (And here I am investing more energy and time trying to help the owners of this forum by explaining to them what functionality can be improved.)

Reactions: DennisMidjord

DennisMidjord

Sep 27, 2016
Denmark
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If that's the case, then the forum should not have allowed me to use the textarea to write up and preview a reply.
That makes sense. It's rather misleading that there's a textbox if the ticket is locked (even though it doesn't state anywhere that it's locked).