The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel frontend no longer connecting to remote MySQL server

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by InfiniteNetwork, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfiniteNetwork

Has something changed in Cpanel 11.28.28 in the way it deals with remote MySQL databases?

My server was updated last night and now it no longer shows the database statistics or what databases and users are attached to an account. It can create the database and users fine but does not report they exist, if you try to create the database again it says it already exists and exists on the remote mysql server. WHM and Phpmyadmin both connect fine and no problems at all.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

2. InfiniteNetwork

Also to note I believe the MySQL client has been updated from MySQL 5.0.x to 5.1.x is that makes any difference and it is on a FreeBSD 8.0 p5 os.

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Please try updating to the latest version of cPanel & WHM; there have been a few maintenance releases since version 11.28.28, up to version 11.28.35 as of the time of writing. The cPanel & WHM 11.28 Change Log includes details of each update.

If the issue persists, please submit a support request as direct access to the affected system(s) will be needed in order to properly diagnose and investigate the difficulty; when available, please also let me know the ticket ID number of your support request so that we may follow-up internally.

What steps or procedure was used to perform the upgrade from MySQL version 5.0 to 5.1?

4. InfiniteNetwork

5. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Thank you for the clarification and information regarding the resolution that worked for you; I will close this thread to prevent confusion as the difficulty was addressed in the other thread's discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.