Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel frontpage extensions licensing issue?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by syshackmin, Aug 8, 2007.

1. syshackmin

syshackmin Member

Hmm... According to Ready to Run software(writers of the unix port) you are not allowed to distribute FP extensions that you have already downloaded.

http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport/

Wouldn't this mean every new cpanel install is breaking some license agreement somewhere since they are distributing the extensions that they have downloaded to us? I ask because this issue could cause the extensions to QUICKLY disappear from new installs. Although I personally hate them it would be quite the pain should they disappear from cpanel.

2. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Well they have been distributing it for years without any problems AND rtr has stopped distributing the extensions so I think their wont be any trouble.

3. syshackmin

syshackmin Member

But that was before it was EOL'd. It looks like M$oft and RTR are trying to stop distribution of it all together as you can't even download it from them anymore.