The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel full backup does not backup homedir [moved]

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by cogliano, Nov 11, 2005.

1. cogliano

cogliano Registered

CPanel full backup does not backup homedir

OK, I'm an end user, but my ISP has not figured this out so I am posting it here. My full backups were working fine until my ISP moved me to another CPanel server. When I do a full backup now on the new server, I get everything EXCEPT the homedir directory. The generated tar file contents contains the /homedir directory but no files (no errors in the e-mailed report either). Interestingly, I can perform a separate home directory backup through CPanel fine, so I get everything backed up when doing both backups, but I want to know why this is not working. The ISP says it is not a permissions problem, but since it stopped working after it was moved to a new server, I'm not convinced. I don't mind reviewing the full backup script if someone can supply it or if someone can shed some insight on what may be happening here.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Only your web hosting provider can investigate the issue. They need to ensure that they're running the latest version of the tree for cPanel that they're using and if that doesn't resolve the issue, they should contact cPanel for help in resolving the issue.