The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel full backup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by num85, Oct 23, 2007.

1. num85

num85 Member

Hi,
    I am running WHM on a Linux fedora core dedicated server. I have created a new account for a customer who has requested me to restore his full 'cpmove' backup.
    I have moved this file via SSH to the roots /home folder and attempted to restore it via WHM which failed, the error I received was reporting that the username already existed.

I don't why this would be causing an error as I'm trying to restore the backup to the account it was created from.

2. mstorman

mstorman Member

1. Remove the account from cpanel if it already exists. Do not re-create the account!, the cpmove file will automattically create the account for you
    2. Move the cpmove backup to the /home directory.
    3. In WHM goto Backup > Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file. In the "Enter the username for the account you wish to restore:" enter the cpanel username of the user you are restoring.
    4. Click the restore button.

The cpmove file will automattically create the cpanel account for you, if you already created it, it will tell you that account already exists.