Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel Git Deploy : Deploy from Branch Head Bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JustAGuyUsingWHM, Mar 25, 2019.

1. JustAGuyUsingWHM

JustAGuyUsingWHM Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Using Git Deploy to deploy from a branch which is not master, lets call it Dev, the git repository will update and deploy the latest files to the website public_html folder, but the Last Deployment Information won't update, it's shows details from the origin>head origin>master master (branch) commit, rather than Dev>Head which is the Head I just deployed.

I think this is a bug. No?

2. JustAGuyUsingWHM

JustAGuyUsingWHM Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Errr.. I take it back, just pushed another change and it seems to be working. Not sure what's happening. Will post if I ever find out.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @JustAGuyUsingWHM,

You may have seen cached data. The information is not updated until the view is changed or refreshed (e.g. you must browse out of the Manage Repository feature rather than just moving between the two tabs on the page). If it happens again and you have refreshed the page, feel free to open a support ticket and we can take a closer look to see what's happening.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...