The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel going crazy with CHMODS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kyuss9, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Kyuss9

Kyuss9 Registered

Hi,

Let me start by saying that I'm a complete newb, so sorry if I'm asking something really basic.

I recently started using cPanel with a PHP NUKE site, and I'm still setting up the site.

To upload some files and modules I had to CHMOD some folders because although I was logged in as admin and the folders were set to 755 I kept getting a message saying "Creation of xyz failed because Permission denied "... :confused:

But when I select a folder and click "Change Permissions " the permissions info that appear in the permissions box is in most cases completely different (more restricted)than the one I see in front of the folders in "normal view"...:confused:

I then change permissions, I get a message validating the change, but...in reality, nothing changes!!! I still read 755 or 750 in front of the folders (which would be enough for me to have write access) but in fact I still don't have write permissions!!!

Can anyone give me a clue on how to solve this?

Thanks!

2. Kyuss9

Kyuss9 Registered

It was a host problem. They already solved it.