Cpanel::Gzip error when trying to run cpbackup

kisonay

Mar 21, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Last night when backups were supposed to run I got the following email:

Code:
Undefined subroutine &Cpanel::Gzip::Config::load_gzipcfg called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/cpbackup line 141.
To confirm there was a problem I SSH to the server and ran the following:

Code:
[email protected] [~]#  /scripts/cpbackup
Undefined subroutine &Cpanel::Gzip::Config::load_gzipcfg called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/cpbackup line 141.
I ran /scripts/upcp --force without success.

How can I restore the &Cpanel::Gzip::Config::load_gzipcfg subroutine?

kisonay

Mar 21, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You might want to open a ticket to cPanel Support about this. A new backup system was added recently to EDGE and CURRENT.
OK, will do that now.

This is a new VPS and backups did run correctly the night before last. the Legacy backup system has never been used.

Thanks
Brian

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
From your error message, and looking at scripts/cpbackup in 11.38, it sounds like your cpbackup script was note updated to the latest version. You might have an error in the update (check the update logs at /var/cpanel/updatelogs) or your cpbackup script might be exclude from updates (check /etc/cpanelsync.exclude).

The cpbackup script in 11.38 does not use Cpanel::Gzip::Config::load_gzipcfg.

kisonay

Mar 21, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
From your error message, and looking at scripts/cpbackup in 11.38, it sounds like your cpbackup script was note updated to the latest version. You might have an error in the update (check the update logs at /var/cpanel/updatelogs) or your cpbackup script might be exclude from updates (check /etc/cpanelsync.exclude).

The cpbackup script in 11.38 does not use Cpanel::Gzip::Config::load_gzipcfg.
Yes, Sean was able to help me with my support ticket.

It turns out (unbeknownst to me) that cpbackup was on the exclude update list so even though I was running /scripts/upcp --force the cpbackup script was not being updated.