The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel Has Another Hole! My Cpanel Hacked!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NickCocchiarell, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickCocchiarell

NickCocchiarell Registered

Hi,

Yes My cpanel was hacked I have got proof if it beening hacked as it was boardcasted over the hole net, Seriously I think I am going to swop to DirectAdmin, Becasue there is a lot of problems with this verion of Cpanel, I am sick and tierd of beeing hacked ect,

Please can you f ix this?

Nick

2. randomuser

randomuser Well-Known Member

what "hole" are you talking about? you've provided 0 information at all, and done nothing but cause confusion to anyone reading this thread. that helps no one, try again please

3. NickCocchiarell

NickCocchiarell Registered

I will PM you with the proof I have got as I don't want this broadcasted any more than it is

4. hikaro

hikaro Well-Known Member

what version of cpanel are you using ? please be more specific, or you can try create a support ticket ask to admin

5. kistler

kistler Well-Known Member

If has already been announced somewhere else, its done enough damage and anyone can still find it.

But post nothing on the forum where it could get fixed will only make it spread, make a bug report and stop with the flying words. Just because your server got hacked and they tweaked with cpanel doesn’t mean it was cpanel.

PM me the "proof".

6. randomuser

randomuser Well-Known Member

It was a non issue, false alarm of sorts. Proof is in my PM box. Admins can see this for themselves if they wanted to, and probably already have. NickCocchiarell can give details if he wants.

7. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for ths update.:)

8. katmai

katmai Well-Known Member

get serious. if anyone would believe only words without proof where would we be getting to ? not to mention that cpanel patches the software pretty often and i haven't quite seen any vulns unadressed by cpanel, and even if there was a bug in cpanel, that doesn't mean your server is completely unprotected, i mean, decent admins have a firewall on the server, maybe some security tweaks, i mean, don't expect cpanel to protect you against hackers, this is administration software, and they keep working on it as far as i have seen. otherwise ... why sysadmins would even have a job ? why is anyone administering the server anyway ?

9. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you believe that you have proof of a cPanel vulnerability you should contact security@cpanel.net and log a ticket with them, not post on the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.