The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel help plzzz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by raja, Aug 9, 2005.

1. raja

raja Registered

Hi iam raja/m/19/India. i am a total new to this cpanel. and when i log on to cpanel iam seeing a message at the top of the page saying "No contact email has been set. You will be unable to receive notifications or reset your password if you do not set a contact email address.
    Please update your contact information here. "
    and when i click on to the Mail option in cpanel iam already having my mail set to default by my username.mydomain.org. its soo confusing why should i create another mail and why iam getting this message? iam a total new to this cpanel and infact iam first time using it some one kindly help me plzzz. its soo confusing especially am a novice .plzz help me iam in utter confusion.
    sincerely urs
    Raja :)

2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

Below is the best place to start >>

http://cpanel.net/docs.htm

Further about >>

Login to cpanel If you are a X2 skin user at the top locate the line "Please update your contact information here" ..and click on "here" ......and specify your contact email.

3. raja

raja Registered

cpanel Help

Hey some one help me plzzz. iam a total novice and its sooo confusing plzzz i beg u people. :confused:
    raja

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

As nickb said, if your cPanel interface looks something like the attachment I have included, click on the word "here" to set your contact email address.

If your cPanel interface looks different, or you are certain that there is nothing to click on, contact your hosting company - they should also be able to set a contact email address for you.

Attached Files:

5. raja

raja Registered

cpanel help

webignition it looks similar and i click there on "here " and i set up a new mail from Mail Manager Main Menu. by opting Manage/Add/Remove Accounts. i set it as principal@mydomain.org. its for my principal i created a new mail by allotting 10 mb. and i have chosen squirrel mail. my problem whats the url that i should give to my principal to view his mails? when i have given thsi url like http://wwww.mydomain.org/webmail i cant log on to the in box using username principal and the pass word. its soo confusing . plzz some one help me plzz

#5 raja, Aug 11, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  6. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

Username would be principal@mydomain.org instead of just principal ....I again suggest you to go thru the cpanel documentation at http://cpanel.net/docs.htm