Stryke_the_Orc

Registered
Sep 8, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello all,

My client is in the process of switching hosting providers and I've got everything set up as I have in the past, this time however, the hosting company is saying that the site must be in the /root directory of the file system. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but the way the server is set up, I have the typical /root, a directory called root (this is where they're telling me to put everything) and after the installation of cpanel, a /home directory that cpanel uses. So my question is, can I point cpanel to the second /root directory rather than /home, and which configuration should I change? (I'm not nearly familiar enough with cpanel yet to attempt this without asking someone with significantly more experience and knowledge yet)

I appreciate the time and your responses!

Thanks!

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
...this time however, the hosting company is saying that the site must be in the /root directory of the file system.
This information is not accurate. All cPanel accounts are created in /home/

Once you've got your server properly configured and secured, and created your Packages and Features, you create an account, and give it that Package. That account is created in the /home/ directory. cPanel expects to find it there too, for everything to operate as expected.