Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel Hostname Doesn't Open

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by zalocus, Apr 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. zalocus

zalocus Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello i have a WHM/Cpanel installation and everything works fine when i login with my IP adress:2087 but i am using WHMCS and when i add a cpanel server to a client it redirects me to my hostname https://shv1.example.com:2087/ This is OK for me i want to open the Clients Cpanel with the hostnames but my problem is this dont work i get an "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" ERROR

So i ad in WHM A entry yesterday for my Hostname but again it will not open, so my problem is with IP it works with https://shv1.example.com:2087/ not!

Can anyone Help me here?

greets

#1 zalocus, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Eminds

Eminds Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

You said that you are using https://shv1.example.com:2087/, so can you try pinging this particular FQDN and see if it is resolving to the correct IP that you have set A record for. If the A record is not propagated, you will not be able to use it with this FQDN..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Have you created a cPanel account for "example.com" on the cPanel server? If not, you'd need to ensure "example.com" uses name servers associated with the cPanel server, and a DNS zone for it exists on the system. Otherwise, if the DNS for this domain name is handled on a remote name server, you'd have to manually add the "A" record for the server's hostname on the remote name server.

Thank you.