The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel initial startup fails.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gigawiz, Jul 24, 2010.

1. gigawiz

gigawiz Member

i setup a server in my house for testing purposes recently and decided to try cpanel on it.

cpanel installed properly to my knowledge, but when i go to http://IP$:2086 i get the following error:
    Code:
    Internal Server Error

open3: exec of /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/whostmgr3 ./initial_setup_wizard1 failed at cpsrvd line 6140
    cpsrvd/11.25 Server at --.---.--.---
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: cpsrvd/11.25 Connection: close Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 09:09:29 GMT 0 

i have tried
    /scripts/upcp --force

and yet even after rebooting it still refuses to work. :mad:
    any idea of what i did wrong? :confused:

2. WiredTree Joe

WiredTree Joe Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Check the cPanel error log and see if you can get any useful information out of it:

Code:
    tail -100 /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log

3. gigawiz

gigawiz Member

this is what i get
    Code:
    root@serv1532 [~]# tail -100 /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log
    Building global cache for cpanel...Done
    [2010-07-27 01:27:27 -0400] warn [quotacheck] User file '/var/cpanel/users/root' is empty or non-existent. at /scripts/cPScript/Config/LoadCpUserFile.pm line 35
            cPScript::Config::LoadCpUserFile::load('root') called at /scripts/cPScript/Config/LoadCpUserFile.pm line 158
            cPScript::Config::LoadCpUserFile::loadcpuserfile('root') called at /scripts/quotacheck line 84
    open3: exec of /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/whostmgr3 ./initial_setup_wizard1 failed at cpsrvd line 6140
    Internal Error: "GET /scripts3/initial_setup_wizard1 HTTP/1.1" open3: exec of /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/bin/whostmgr3 ./initial_setup_wizard1 failed at cpsrvd line 6140

root@serv1532 [~]#