The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel install fails to install MySQL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mstyne, Jan 13, 2005.

1. mstyne

mstyne Registered
    PartnerNOC

I'm trying to install cPanel on a customer system, but at the moment it appears to be completely broken. It didn't install MySQL at all, and didn't install some Perl modules that were needed by some of the other packages that cPanel installed. Who do I need to talk to to get this sorted out? What can I do to get MySQL installed and functioning on this system? Unfortunately cPanel is pretty much useless without MySQL.

2. fizz

fizz Well-Known Member

what os/distro are you trying to install on? do you get any errors or anything else that might give someone a better idea what the problem is?

3. Donna

Donna BANNED

/scripts/mysqlup --force

You'll get to a spot where it seems like it's taking forever to test a download server (mysql.takiweb.net or something like that), press control + c once at that point to skip that mirror and it'll go to the next.

Then

cd /tmp
    ln -s /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

Then reboot the server. Should be ok after that.

Won't solve all the problems in current releases of cpanel but it'll kick mysql into gear at least.