The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel install issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparek-3, Jan 28, 2016.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are there any issues with the cPanel installer?

I installed cPanel (11.50 LTS) on a server a few days ago. Went to work on it some more today, noticed that /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman doesn't exist. /etc/init.d/cpanel doesn't exist. And there appears to be some MySQL issues as I can't get it to start (I haven't looked at this problem too in-depth, given that other cPanel install problems exist).

I have run /scripts/upcp --force multiple times to try and force an update, but I don't get any where. At this point, I'm guessing I'm just going to wipe the server and do another fresh install.

Anything else I might give a try before completely wiping the system and starting over?

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Any clues in the installer, or update logs?

3. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It looks like I did not have the permissions on /tmp set correctly and this caused problems with MySQL installation. I have seen this issue before, I guess I skipped over checking /tmp permissions before starting the install.

Would have anything to do with Mailman and /etc/init.d/cpanel being missing?

I didn't find anything pertaining to Mailman amiss in the installation log. In regards to /etc/init.d/cpanel missing I found:

Code:
    2016-01-25 17:43:06  182 ( INFO): Adding services to startup.
    2016-01-25 17:43:06  184 ( INFO):  - Enabling cpanel
    2016-01-25 17:43:06  185 (DEBUG):  - ssystem [BEGIN]: /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/cpservice cpanel enable
    2016-01-25 17:43:06  185 (DEBUG):  The service init script does not exist at /etc/rc.d/init.d/cpanel
    2016-01-25 17:43:06  185 (ERROR):  - ssystem [EXIT_CODE] '/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/cpservice' exited with 1 (ignored)
    2016-01-25 17:43:06  185 (DEBUG):  - ssystem [END]
    Which doesn't give a lot of information, just confirms that it's missing. Perhaps this is all tied to /tmp not having proper permissions (0755 instead of 1777)? Or MySQL not being properly installed?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you notice any error messages in the update logs located in /var/cpanel/updatelogs during the forced cPanel updates? Could you verify which operating system you installed cPanel on?

Thank you.