The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPanel install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dotcoms, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Dotcoms

Dotcoms Active Member

Well, just installed cpanel on a redhat 7.3 box (Temporary license, courtesy of DarkOrb :) - After install - access whm is fine, can't create any accounts, proftpd.conf is corrupt.

Also no services are installed or operational, chkservd, webmail, interchange etc... am I missing something or need to run some more commands to enable those?

Or is the temp license restricted?

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:2293f71c3c][i:2293f71c3c]Originally posted by Dotcoms[/i:2293f71c3c]

Well, just installed cpanel on a redhat 7.3 box (Temporary license, courtesy of DarkOrb :) - After install - access whm is fine, can't create any accounts, proftpd.conf is corrupt.

Also no services are installed or operational, chkservd, webmail, interchange etc... am I missing something or need to run some more commands to enable those?

Or is the temp license restricted?[/quote:2293f71c3c]

Please contact support@cpanel.net for assistance.

3. Dotcoms

Dotcoms Active Member

Well i found the problem in the end.. indeed cpanel wasn't downloading correctly as the proxy didn't know what to do:-

I fixed it like this:

Changed /scripts/HTTPreq.pm

send Socket_Handle, &GET $url HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n&,0;

To:
    send Socket_Handle, &GET $url HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: $host\r\n\r\n&,0;

and everything went perfect :D

4. thirdeye

thirdeye Registered

Hi all,
    This is going to be my first post on this forum , hopefully i will get some help from the peers on this forum.

How much time is required while installing Cpanel?
    Can anybody give me some idea?
    One more thing if after evalution version i wanna remove or uninstall it then what is the way out?
    Did i have to reformat my server ?
    presently i am using Redhat 7.3 .

thanks in advance

5. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Install time is about 25 minutes on a quick connection (to Northeastern North America), or 40/60 minutes if you are lagged to that particular location.

You don't need to reformat, especially not if you have the latest RH 7.3 server install

To remove all you'd do is wipe out a certain few directory structures and some straggler files, do a search on this forum for that.