The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel installation and configuration

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Admin_Aksh, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Admin_Aksh

Admin_Aksh Registered

Hello,

i have a linux dedicated server and planning to install cpanel.i am planning to host my clients websites on this server (around 1000 domains) i am new to this things so i have few queries.I

1. what should be Centos partitions size for a long run like i should not face any issue regarding space on any partition which will be used by cpanel operations.
    2. the cpanel insatallation process step by step.
    3. After installation what configurations i must do to make it live for hosting and to make it available for my clients.
    like the configuration and settings of apache ,php, mysql, phpmyadmin,mailserver,webmail,firewall,whm etc.
    4. which one is the best forum or website or blog to resolve the issues related to whm/cpanel so i can resolve the issues of my clients.

Please help me

Thanks & Regards
    Aksh

2. MesinHosting

MesinHosting Member

have you read about cpanel installation tutorial? i think what you asked has 2 different type :
    1. linux sysadmin
    2. cpanel installation
    i think you can read or learn many document from on the net about this, hope this would help

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

1. For partition sizes, you can either follow Advanced Options: Pre-Installation or Quick Start Installation Guide for the recommended partition sizes. The first is advanced partitioning, while the second is basic partitioning.

2. The cPanel installation process itself is simply:

Code:
    cd /home
    wget -N http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/latest
    sh latest
    After that, you would load http://IP#:2087 in a browser where IP# is the IP address for the machine, then go through the initial startup wizard in WHM.

3. This question is simply too broad to provide adequate responses. If you narrow down to more specific questions, we'd be happy to help on those specific questions.

4. If you have set cPanel questions, this forum would be best for those questions. If you have questions on any specific software being used like WordPress or Joomla on those customer sites, the software makers' respective forums would be the best location.

Thanks!

4. baileybutton

baileybutton Registered

Thanks for your share, useful for me.