vegastech

Registered
Jul 31, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,

I'm new to cPanel and I've been tasked with migrating some existing websites to a new data center.

My plan is to use a pfSense router (public IP address, example 24.24.24.29), install VMware behind that, install CentOS guest (use private 10.0.0.29), install cPanel on CentOS, and then forward incoming traffic from 24.24.24.29>10.0.0.29

Is this a workable solution? One of the first lines in the cpanel install doc says it won't work with with private IPs. Is this a sufficient work around? Is there a better plan?

Ideally I'd like to build an infrastructure on the private side to support backups, leverage VMware for hardware moves, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

There will be about 10 websites on the CentOS box. Four(ish) will be e-commerce sites with the remaining being domain site/name placeholders.

The websites are currently running via cPanel on an old/failing hardware CentOS box with a public IP.

I've been told I can use the migrate feature built in cPanel to move the sites.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Note the updated documentation is available at:

1:1 NAT

Make sure the NAT-configured network is setup before installing cPanel so that the environment is automatically detected during the installation.

Thank you.