The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Installation Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegastech, Jul 31, 2014.

1. vegastech

vegastech Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I'm new to cPanel and I've been tasked with migrating some existing websites to a new data center.

My plan is to use a pfSense router (public IP address, example 24.24.24.29), install VMware behind that, install CentOS guest (use private 10.0.0.29), install cPanel on CentOS, and then forward incoming traffic from 24.24.24.29>10.0.0.29

Is this a workable solution? One of the first lines in the cpanel install doc says it won't work with with private IPs. Is this a sufficient work around? Is there a better plan?

Ideally I'd like to build an infrastructure on the private side to support backups, leverage VMware for hardware moves, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

There will be about 10 websites on the CentOS box. Four(ish) will be e-commerce sites with the remaining being domain site/name placeholders.

The websites are currently running via cPanel on an old/failing hardware CentOS box with a public IP.

I've been told I can use the migrate feature built in cPanel to move the sites.

2. vegastech

vegastech Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    chasing down some notes, found this about NAT'ing so it looks like I can proceed with my plan

1:1 NAT

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Note the updated documentation is available at:

1:1 NAT

Make sure the NAT-configured network is setup before installing cPanel so that the environment is automatically detected during the installation.

Thank you.