The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel Installation Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thha, Jun 16, 2008.

1. thha

thha Registered

Hello all.

I've just "installed" cPanel, but from the beginning the apache did not work. Then I tried to update Apache using the build in version in WHM and SSH.

That's the error I've got:

Code:
    If the browser window is closed or stopped the build will continue in the background.
    The build output should start shortly...

!! Verbose logfile is at '/usr/local/cpanel/logs/easy/apache/build.1213644520' !! !! Ouput from '/bin/sh -c "ulimit -a"': core file size (blocks, -c) 524288 data seg size (kbytes, -d) unlimited max nice (-e) 0 file size (blocks, -f) unlimited pending signals (-i) unlimited max locked memory (kbytes, -l) unlimited max memory size (kbytes, -m) 524288 open files (-n) 1024 pipe size (512 bytes, -p) 8 POSIX message queues (bytes, -q) unlimited max rt priority (-r) 0 stack size (kbytes, -s) 8192 cpu time (seconds, -t) unlimited max user processes (-u) unlimited virtual memory (kbytes, -v) 524288 file locks (-x) unlimited !! !! Skipping backup, no working apache found !! Checking that all tarballs are present and up to date. Could not determine system package module to use for debian 4.0 x86_64 (wanted to import Cpanel::SysPkgs::)! at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SysPkgs.pm line 101 Cpanel::SysPkgs::new('Cpanel::SysPkgs') called at /var/cpanel/perl/easy/Cpanel/Easy.pm line 1031 Cpanel::Easy::process_tarballs_and_pkgs('Cpanel::Easy::Apache=HASH(0x1dd03c0)') called at /var/cpanel/perl/easy/Cpanel/Easy.pm line 658 Cpanel::Easy::install_profile('Cpanel::Easy::Apache=HASH(0x1dd03c0)', 'undef', 'HASH(0x1f8ec10)') called at /var/cpanel/perl/easy/Cpanel/Easy/Apache.pm line 839 Cpanel::Easy::Apache::install_profile('Cpanel::Easy::Apache=HASH(0x1dd03c0)', 'undef') called at /var/cpanel/perl/easy/Cpanel/Easy/Utils/BackGround.pm line 37 Cpanel::Easy::Utils::BackGround::__ANON__('Cpanel::Easy::Apache=HASH(0x1dd03c0)', 'undef', '/tmp/.cpanel_easy-.Qw5k0pd3z_xaC7OP') called at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Acme/Spork.pm line 50 Acme::Spork::spork('CODE(0xd91640)', 'Cpanel::Easy::Apache=HASH(0x1dd03c0)', 'undef', '/tmp/.cpanel_easy-.Qw5k0pd3z_xaC7OP') called at /var/cpanel/perl/easy/Cpanel/Easy/Utils/BackGround.pm line 48 Cpanel::Easy::Utils::BackGround::run_install_in_bg('Cpanel::Easy::Apache=HASH(0x1dd03c0)', 'undef') called at /var/cpanel/perl/easy/Cpanel/Easy/Apache/UI/HTML.pm line 447 Cpanel::Easy::Apache::UI::HTML::install_profile('Cpanel::Easy::Apache::UI::HTML=HASH(0xa109f0)', 'Cpanel::Easy::Apache=HASH(0x1dd03c0)') called at /var/cpanel/perl/easy/Cpanel/Easy.pm line 222 Cpanel::Easy::run('Cpanel::Easy::Apache=HASH(0x1dd03c0)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/easyapache.pl line 79 Checking that all packages are present and up to date.
    The error is always the same, it doesn't go away. I really don't know what to do anymore.

My version information:

WHM 11.23.0 cPanel 11.23.3-R25133
    DEBIAN 4.0 x86_64 on xen - WHM X v3.1.0
    I'm using the VPS Version of cPanel on a Debian 64bit VPS.

Anyone got a suggestion except switching the OS to CentOS ?

Thanks in advance.

Yours
    Tom

#1 thha, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. yapluka

yapluka Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Debian is not supported. You can check the requirements for cPanel here : http://www.cpanel.net/products/cpwhm/cpanel11/sys_requirements.htm

Good luck :)

3. thha

thha Registered

Oh, I think I missed that. Thanks for your reply, I'll switch to CentOS, I think. :)