The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpanel installer problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beachtrader, Jul 19, 2004.

1. beachtrader

beachtrader Active Member

Is anyone else experiencing problems with cPanel's installer program/script?

It has totally failed to install all the required components on a FreeBSD 4.10 server.

We have a ticket in support from last week but haven't heard back from the upper level support yet.

It appears the installer fails to load Bind and Apache.

ticket 66684

2. carock

carock Well-Known Member

I had similar problem yesterday with Fedora install. I saw no errors in the install log, or on the screen when Bind was being installed. When the install was complete though, Bind was not running, and after configuring WHM, it still wasn't working.

I poked around, and there's no /etc/named.conf file.

Going into WHM and "Install an RPM" link. bind and bind-util are not listed in the package list. On my other servers, they show up in there with a (reinstall) next to them.

Yesterday, I used RPM to uninstall bind and bind-util. They both showed up in the RPM list to install then. I clicked on bind and selected install. It still didn't work, and also disappeared in the Installan RPM list again.

I was going to try another fresh install on a different physical server to see what happens. I have two other Fedora core 1 Cpanel installs that wnet without problem and are working fine.

Chuck

3. aboyz

aboyz Well-Known Member

Its bind 9 problem dude.

Its bind 9 problem..

cpanel need to fix this ASAP!!!.

I swear alot of people can't install cpanel on a clean server...

please help!!!

i'm running 4.9 4.10 and 5.2.1 still the installer give error!!! and nothing is runnig!!

all mes sup