Richard Massey

Registered
Mar 2, 2017
Melbourne
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi all, I've searched and searched with no luck so have resorted to posting my first thread here. I am very sorry if it has come up somewhere...

I have just discovered cPanels official IOS app (great news)... Downloaded and tried to setup my first account on there and I keep getting an error message simply saying "ERROR canceled".

My details are all correct (triple checked). Is there any known issues with this app or has anyone else experienced this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard.

Adamb1995

Registered
Jul 10, 2015
UK
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
I wouldn't waste your time anyway @Richard Massey - All it does is load WHM in a browser inside the app.

They spend years making an app for it do exactly what you can do in safari (on iphone) - Pointless.

Any ideas on when a proper app is going to be made cPanel?

Adamb1995

Registered
Jul 10, 2015
UK
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
I meant an app that actually lets you do thngs in the app rather than lazily loading up a browser with the exact same view you can see on iPhone safari?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

I encourage you to open a new feature request with the specific improvements you'd like to see in the cPanel iOS application:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

roquebrune

Registered
Jun 4, 2017
here
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
same here !
I am using your app cPanel on the App Store
I am root admin on my VPS , I cannot connect to the WHM or any Cpanel on
Code:
https://vpsnum.xx.ns.example.net:2083
or WHM :2087
message = Error cancelled

Hello,

I encourage you to open a new feature request with the specific improvements you'd like to see in the cPanel iOS application:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.
Just that it works would be fine

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
message = Error cancelled
Hello,

This message suggests a signed SSL certificate is not installed on the host you are entering for the connection. Are you connecting using a domain name or hostname without a signed SSL certificate?

Thank you.

roquebrune

Registered
Jun 4, 2017
here
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

This message suggests a signed SSL certificate is not installed on the host you are entering for the connection. Are you connecting using a domain name or hostname without a signed SSL certificate?

Thank you.
A SSL certificate is installed for all websites on the vps ,all domains are working with https
- Removed -

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
A SSL certificate is installed for all websites on the vps ,all domains are working with https
Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

Casey L.

Registered
Feb 22, 2017
California
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have just discovered cPanels official IOS app (great news)... Downloaded and tried to setup my first account on there and I keep getting an error message simply saying "ERROR canceled".
For anyone else that is having an iOS app issue, I can confirm that when I use the hostname of the cPanel server the app works just fine. When you use individual domain names, the app does not work.

Reactions: OregonDean

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
For anyone else that is having an iOS app issue, I can confirm that when I use the hostname of the cPanel server the app works just fine. When you use individual domain names, the app does not work.
We require the domain name to have a signed SSL certificate in order for the login to succeed. Are you sure a valid signed SSL certificate is installed for the domain name you were using?

Thank you.