The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel is causing core dumps and filling up my disk space

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kajamd, Jan 29, 2014.

1. kajamd

kajamd Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    From last week cPanel is causing core dumps and filling up my disk space. The files automatically created with the names like core.700328, core.864001 around 10 to 20 files and each sized as 90MB to 96MB in most of my sites. Please help me to rectify this problem

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What you describe is an unusual problem, and it will be very difficult to diagnose without access to the server. Please submit a ticket so that we may securely access the server and investigate this problem for you. You can post the ticket number here so that we can follow up on it.

3. rackaid

rackaid Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    We've been seeing this problem as well. It is due to a a core dump from cpanel processes itself. The files are usually in

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/base
    I think they are coming from cpdavd but we did not spend too much time analyzing the dump files.

Code:
    root@server [/usr/local/cpanel/base]# file core.747956 
    core.747956: ELF 64-bit LSB core file AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), SVR4-style, from 'cpsrvd.so'

We've been resolving this by doing a forced cPanel upgrade. We first started seeing this in Dec. and wrote up some tips about it: cPanel Disk Space Warning - Core Dump Issue - rackAID LLC

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.