The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel is killing sessions

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by alekslyse, Feb 16, 2013.

1. alekslyse

alekslyse Registered

Feb 16, 2013
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have an issue with CPanel that require attention. My webhosting company has tried to check and its not related to an server issue like load, disk space and such.

The problem is apache kills some processes on my site as well as the whm and cpanel as well as other subpages. The problem is when a person clicks on many links suddently cpanel drops the connection (I can browse around on the forum fast, than suddenly it timeout and wont load f.ex the css stylesheets). Its happening on different parts of the page, even on the support system so its nothing connected to any of the web content.

The webhost told me they think it could be a bug in cpanel and sent this:
    "This seems to be a bug in the cpanel build of apache that you are running the process that is to serve the webpage gets killed.

strace -p 6440
    Process 6440 attached - interrupt to quit
    accept(36, 0x7fffbf9615a0, [110]) = ? ERESTARTSYS (To be restarted)
    --- SIGHUP (Hangup) @ 0 (0) ---

Can you please advice? Its getting a bit of annoying now every 10-50 clicks the server just time out.

The install is a 4 weeks old clean install on a dedicated server with not much load and ~10GB free disk on an CentOS installation.
  2. Jeff Shotnik

Jeff Shotnik Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Do you see any errors being logged to /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log when the issue occurs?