"Cpanel is looking for Windows developers"

amard

Jan 18, 2003
Herts, UK
Hi,

Cpanel is looking for Windows developers
Does this mean that CPanel are finally going to start work on a Windows version?

I'm gathering that the "81% Complete" is the time taken to contemplate whether to start or not? :D

Thanks,

Rob

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

nyjimbo

Jan 25, 2003
New York
As soon as Cpanel has a decent Windows 2003 version I am dumping HELM.

:)

amard

Jan 18, 2003
Herts, UK
I wish CPanel would release an ETA date.

We need to set our business plan for the next 6 months soon, and we don't know whether CPanel for Windows is going to be part of it.

:(

Rob

RobertOnTheAir

Aug 2, 2003
The only thing that sucks in the software development is the uncertainty about the amount of time it will take to complete a project.

If I say we expect to have it done in 2 months... then something happens that keeps it from happening... then there will be unhappy people. The users will be expecting something, and the developer will be rushed trying to get a product out. That can result in a buggy program that is tossed out just to satisfy people, and developers that are pulling they're hair out. lol

I personally don't believe in giving ETA's on products. hehe. It's done when it's done. When I think it does not have any more bugs, then you can find out more about it. hehe. =)

Daniel

PartnerNOC
Aug 13, 2001
Originally posted by amard
I wish CPanel would release an ETA date.

We need to set our business plan for the next 6 months soon, and we don't know whether CPanel for Windows is going to be part of it.

:(

Rob

It moved from 75% to 81% in the last six months so I don't think I would look for it in the next six months.