The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel issues after ntPHPselector uninstall

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Cubik Rube, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Cubik Rube

Cubik Rube Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello there!

I am facing a serious problem with ntPHPselector. After installing it everything was working as supposed with no issues whatsoever.

Unfortunately, I needed to uninstall it because I need to switch from suPHP to FastCGI in order to use XCache.

After running the uninstall script, I assumed that everything related to ntPHPselector was properly removed. Unfortunately, it wasn’t the case.

I am running Apache 2.4.12 and PHP 5.5.26

Here are the issues I am facing after the uninstall:

1) The ntPHPselector icon still show in cPanel under “Software and Services” section. But it leads to index.live.php which is not present anymore after the uninstall resulting a 404 page. How to get it removed?...​

2) After switching suPHP handler to FastCGI all webpages were broken due to the following error in the Apache log:​

[Wed Jun 17 10:20:02.115773 2015] [:error] [pid 2079] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx] Failed loading /usr/lib64/php/zend/ZendOptimizer-5.2.so: /usr/lib64/php/zend/ZendOptimizer-5.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Since I am using now only PHP 5.5 I don’t need any ZendOptimizer anymore.

How to make sure that Apache will not try to load any module or extension that ntPHPselector added?...

I have to add also, that after uninstalling I have rebuilt my Apache profile with EasyApache and regenerate a new global PHP.ini file, but the problems remain.

Thank you for helping resolving these issues.

2. 24x7ss

24x7ss Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Did you change the .htaccess code for websites which were running 5.2 version from ntPHP ? seems this issue is caused by it.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please keep in mind that ntPHPselector is a third-party application. It's likely a good idea to consult with their support team and report this issue so they can provide you with specific instructions on how to completely uninstall it from your system. As for the issues you are facing, do you notice any custom php.ini files within the accounts?

Thank you.