Cpanel keeps uninstalling Fantastico

RandyO

Jun 17, 2003
Every time whm/cpanel runs update it kill off Fantastico. what gives??? what can I do to stop this, it is getting really old installing this thing every week

haze

Dec 21, 2001
Contact the people that develop fantastico for support. They should have a work-around.

RandyO

Jun 17, 2003
It disappears, and yes I am using bluelagoon. Shame they would quit supporting that skin. My customers really like the lack of grahics and it is easy to navigate.
I just run the install and yep it reappears with no problems. Is there a skin that is down to business as the bluelagoon one ?

nickn

PartnerNOC
Jun 15, 2003
"Monsoon" is supposed to replace BlueLagoon, it's pretty close..still not a lot of graphics or anything, same general idea as BlueLagoon.

kris1351

Apr 18, 2003
Lewisville, Tx
There is a problem that updates keep removing the /tmp/ixed files and breaking links, that is confirmed. The updates tonight wiped out all of our Xskin versions of Fantastico.

haze

Dec 21, 2001
Hrmm.. wouldn't it be best to store the ixed files in a place other than /tmp ( as it has as good a chance as any of getting whipped out ).

nickn

PartnerNOC
Jun 15, 2003
kris1351 said:
There is a problem that updates keep removing the /tmp/ixed files and breaking links, that is confirmed. The updates tonight wiped out all of our Xskin versions of Fantastico.
Wrong.

That's another issue.

Remove all of the ixed files from /tmp, make sure you are using the latest STABLE (or newer) and run /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkphpini, it will fix the problem.

nickn

PartnerNOC
Jun 15, 2003
haze said:
Hrmm.. wouldn't it be best to store the ixed files in a place other than /tmp ( as it has as good a chance as any of getting whipped out ).
Yep it would.. the /tmp solution was recommended by fantastico, and they wonder why the files get erased.

mr.wonderful

BANNED
Feb 1, 2004
kris1351 said:
You need to chattr +i /tmp/ixed thats what we did. Then the cron that runs cant remove it!

kris1351

Apr 18, 2003
Lewisville, Tx
If you chattr then you have to chattr -i each and every time there is an update. The we had was the /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/etc/ixed folder was completely gone after yesterday's update. The solution was to /scripts/upcp --force and this rebuilt everything.

nickn

PartnerNOC
Jun 15, 2003
Just run /usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkphpini

Don't use the /tmp solution or anything else. FORGET everything that fantastico told you. Run the one above command as long as you are using the latest STABLE (or newer)