The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cPanel & Kerio Mail Server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jmerhar, Feb 7, 2005.

1. jmerhar

jmerhar Member

Hi!

We are considering the purchase of cPanel as well as Kerio Mail Server for our new server. Is it possible for these two to work together?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you mean, can you run Kerio on the cPanel server, then No, cPanel comes with it's own mail server, Exim.

If you mean will they talk to each other like any SMTP servers, then of course.

3. jmerhar

jmerhar Member

Yes, I meant if I could run Kerio on the cPanel server and create/modify Kerio accounts with cPanel.

So, that means there is absolutely no way to achieve this? :( That's too bad, because I have tested a lot of mail servers and I find Kerio perfect in every way. How does the integrated mail server compare to Kerio (administration, features,...)?

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

No you absolutely cannot use a different SMTP server with the cPanel interface. Control of exim is through the WHM and cPanel interfaces for the admin and users respectively. More information about exim from:
    http://www.exim.org