Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

cPanel Last Login IP Address

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by prodjex, Mar 23, 2018.

1. prodjex

prodjex Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Per this discussion back from 2016 I was wondering if any other updates were made? Is there a place within WHM or cPanel to quickly view successful logins by date or the latest per account by date? Just curious as it would be nice vs jumping to the logs each time.

Also I setup the contact details to my email and turned on all notifications, I log out and back in and don't receive a successful login email notification. Is that just because cPanel know's it's me or have I not configured something right?

I have a lot of accounts under this WHM install do I have to go into each account separately and set the contact details with these notification settings or can I do it in bulk somewhere in WHM?

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

It's because your IP address did not change. The notification is only sent when the successful login comes from an IP address that's different than the IP address used for the previous successful login attempt.

There's no global log with this information aside from the cPanel access log at /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log. I encourage you to open a feature request if you'd like to see an option or feature with that information all in one place:

Submit A Feature Request

You'd need to setup a custom bash script if you wanted to modify the existing contact preferences for all accounts on the system. There's a proof-of-concept on how to do this at:

SSL Notifications in cPanel 68

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    prodjex likes this.
  3. prodjex

prodjex Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey Michael,

Thanks for the clarification and makes sense. I'll open a feature request for this, not a big deal, but would be a nice to have. I'll take a look at the tutorial as well.

Thanks again!

cPanelMichael likes this.